Massive growth in global GDP brings big opportunities to the marine industry and world trade continues to rise in line with economic expansion. The volume of seaborne trade could be double within 20 years. Oil and natural gas is expected to account for 60 per cent of global demand for energy in 20 years. Advances in technology will be the keys to meet the growing demand for energy from more diverse sources. Moreover, the offshore renewable energy area such as offshore wind energy, wave energy, tidal energy, etc. is recently growing rapidly. This indicates growing challenges and opportunities to produce offshore oil and gas, and offshore renewable energy. Growth in the world economy also results in concern for environmental impact due to marine activities.
Group Marine & Ocean concerns for ocean, marine technology, marine environment, green shipping, ocean/offshore technology, geo-technology, offshore renewable energy, safety, and reliability. The Group M&O organises the following sessions in EKC 2017 Stockholm.
• M&O Session 1: Maritime Safety and Environment (Room E8, 10.50 to 12.40, Thu. 27 July)
• M&O Session 2: Advanced Ship Technology (Room E8, 13.30 to 15.20, Thu. 27 July)
• M&O Session 3: Ocean and Offshore I (Room E8, 16.30 to 18.20, Thu. 27 July)
• M&O Session 4: Ocean and Offshore II (Room E8, 10.50 to 12.40, Fri. 28 July)
• M&O Session 5: Potential and Exploration of the Arctic (Room E5, 16.30 to 18.10, Fri. 28 July)
• Poster Presentation Session I: Posters MO-01 ~ MO-06 (Hall 1, 15.30 to 16.15, Thu. 27 July)
• Poster Presentation Session II: Posters MO-07 ~ MO-13 (Hall 1, 15.30 to 16.15, Fri. 28 July)
• SNAK/EKMOA MOU Signing Ceremony (Room E8, 19.00 to 19.15, Thu. 27 July)
• EKMOA Annual General Meeting (Room E8, 19.15 to 20.30, Thu. 27 July)
• Networking (from 19.00, Thu. 27 July)
The sessions aim to review current state-of-the-art technology as well as discuss on future development and technology industrialisation with scientists, engineers, and policy decision makers from Korea and Europe. The Group M&O also provides opportunities for participants to find collaboration partners working in the fields.
Marine & Ocean Group, EKC 2017 S&T Programme Committee
Europe-Korea Marine and Ocean Engineers Association (EKMOA)